Happy Wine Wednesday! A great day for sharing Red Wine Chocolate Cake. This chocolate cake of course can be eaten for breakfast lunch or even delicious dessert after a very lovely dinner.
We all know how well Kendall-Jackson http://www.kj.com/visit wine pairs with all kinds of meals and how it’s a delicious ingredient in so many savory dishes but did you ever think about wine in your dessert as well as with your dessert? If you’re a chocolate lover then this red wine chocolate cake is a triple threat. If you’re looking to make something extra sweet for someone extra special then this recipe is for you.
I mean it makes sense if you think about it – if red wine can have a chocolate undertone then it must taste good with chocolate and even better in a chocolate cake, right? When I saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try using my favorite Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s a red wine chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate buttercream. How sweet it is!
Now first thing first, always have a bottle of wine standing by when you’re working in the kitchen. There’s nothing better than sipping some wine while you’re dreaming up dishes either alone or with friends keeping you company. We all know the kitchen is where the action is when we get together. I guarantee your guests will love this cake!
RED WINE CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
¾ cup Dark Cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix
2. Add in wet ingredients and mix with mixer until blended about 3-5 minutes
3. Divide batter among 3 parchment lined 9″ pans
4. Bake at 350°c for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
FOR RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM ICING
1. 1 cup salted butter
2. 2.5 cups icing/powdered sugar
3. 3/4 cup raspberry puree (from about ½ cup of raspberries pureed in a food processor)
4. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth
5. Add raspberry puree and mix until well blended. Add more raspberry to taste if you like.
FOR CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM ICING
1. 1 cup salted butter
2. 2.5cups icing/powdered sugar
3. 3/4 cup of dark cocoa
4. 5 tablespoons of water/milk, if needed
5. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth
6. Add cocoa and mix until well blended. Add water/milk if necessary for desired consistency.
Then comes the fun part, icing the cake! You can keep it simple and slather it in rich dark chocolate buttercream icing.
Serve with fresh raspberries and some Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and your guests will never leave. I highly recommend this cake to impress a new crush, a true love or for someone special. Make it extra special and serve with a side of your favorite ice-cream or gelato to really sweeten the deal.
Red Wine Chocolate Cake is one of new favorites and I looking forward to serving it for the upcoming holidays. Do you like chocolate cake like me? You can write or comment at http://www.andwineknot.com or email email@example.com See you soon Dana